LIST OF Publications
1. Guyana’s Public Policy and Post-Colonial Transformation in Perspective: The Politics of Radical Nationalism The Sugar and Bauxite Industries
2. Research Methodology Manual (Min. of Foreign Affairs, Guyana 2001)
3. Power, Transnational Terrorism and the Diffusion Of Insecurity: Conclusions From An American Tragedy (IDS Working Paper Sept., 2004)
4. Elections and Unrest In Guyana (IDS Working Paper, Sept. 2004)
5. Globalisation, Ethics and Human Development (IDS Working Paper, Aug. 2002)
6. Exploring Values for The Remaking Of Public Institutions (IDS Working Paper, Aug., 2001)
7. Implementing Children’s Rights in Guyana: Institutional Support And Issues In The Situation of Children’s Rights (IDS, Working Paper, Aug. 2002)
8. Dimensions of Quality and Quality Assurance at Higher Education Institutions in UWI Quality Education Forum #16 Jan. 2010
9. “The Politics of Public Sector Transformation in Guyana” (Transition Issue 37, 2007)
10. The Values Imperative and Public Sector Modernization in Guyana inTransition Issue 42. No.1 2013.
11. Book Review – Charting Caribbean Development in Journal of the Royal Institute of International Affairs Vol. 78, #3 July 2002.
12. Choy, T and Scott, M (2007). MANAGERIAL AUTONOMY, POLITICAL CONTROL and THE NEW PUBLIC MANAGEMENT: THE QUEST FOR A CORPORATE CULTURE AT THE GUYANA REVENUE AUTHORITY’s CUSTOMS AND TRADE ADMINISTRATION in Rethinking the Reform Question ed. Ann Marie Bissessar, London: Cambridge Scholars Pub.
13. The Community Development Agenda and Governance in Guyana: Missing Dimensions and Prospects (UG Library 2012)
14. Notes and Analyses from the History of the Contributions of Enslaved Africans in bringing an end to the Trade in Captive Africans popularly known as the Slave Trade (Conference Proceedings, UG 2008)
15. Contemporary Issues in Policing the Guyanese State (UG Library, 2012)
16. “Public Sector Transformation in Guyana” in Modernizing the State Public Sector Reform in the Commonwealth Caribbean by Paul Sutton, Kingston: Ian Randle Pub., 2006
17. “Institutional Gaps and Human Resource Capacities for Formulating and Implementing Poverty Reduction Strategies” (Transition30, 2001)
18. “Deciphering the Global from the Local: The Conundrum of Contemporary Global Conflict Management” in Governance, Conflict Analysis and Conflict Resolution ed. Cedric Grant and Mark Kirton, Kingston: Ian Randle Pub., 2007.
19. Criminality, Human and Social Development and Global Economic Crises: Contemporary and Theoretical Concerns (2013/14)
20. Book Review (2015). Gordon, Jon. (2007). The Energy Bus. New Jersey, USA: John Wiley & Sons for training purposes.
21. Dimensions of Lifelong Learning in Perspective: An Exploratory Essay http://didache.nazarene.org/index.php/volume-15-number-1
22. “The ‘Ends’ of Public Sector Reform” (paper presented at International Research Society for Public Management (IRSPM) Regional Conference – October 1-3, 2015 UWI, Mona, Jamaica).
23. “Public Service Management in Small States: Minority Government and Experiences in Parliamentary Accountability in Guyana” (paper presented at International Research Society for Public Management (IRSPM) Regional Conference – October 1-3, 2015, UWI, Mona, Jamaica).
24. Book Chapter: Proposal accepted “The Community Development Agenda and Governance in Guyana: Continuities and Discontinuities” for upcoming book: “Handbook of Research on Sub-national Governance and Development” to be edited by Eris D. Schoburgh (UWI Mona) and Roberta Ryan (U of Tech. Sydney Australia). (Received comments from referee for amendments).
25. Edwards, H and Scott, M.E. (2015). Equity Theory and Doping in Cycling. UG
26. The Sociology of Race in Guyana 2016 and Beyond: Social Cohesion and Contending Solidarities May 23, 2016 for Guyana’s Jubilee Publication.
27. Scott, M.E. (2016). C.Y. Thomas’ Thinking and Perspectives on CARICOM (The CLR James Journal: A Review of Caribbean Ideas 22:1-2, Fall 2016. 255-270)